That’s right! You read correctly! I’ve written a book and I’m just putting the finishing touches on it now. It’ll be released on Kindle Direct as soon as it’s ready!
Why Move Your Blog?
- Branding: having your blog hosted by someone else will dilute your personal brand and lessen its power
- Credibility: people take you more seriously when you have your own domain – it’s more professional. A Blogspot or WordPress.com address advertises someone else’s services and can make you look like an amateur.
- Control: self-hosted blogs let you have total control over layout, content and functionality, unlike blogs hosted by third parties
- Find-ability: domain name and domain suffix can affect your ranking in Search Engines
- Familiarity: some users are confused by Blogspot or WordPress.com addresses because they don’t follow the convention of having “www” in front of them
The book will be free for the first 5 days, so stay tuned for more information to get a FREE copy of Moving Your Blog!
Moving Your Blog: How to transfer your blog to your own personal domain name and server from Blogger/Blogspot or WordPress.com
Inside, you’ll find detailed instructions on how to go from a blog hosted on a sub-domain on someone else’s service, to owning your own domain name and having complete control of your own server.
For those who are happy with their existing blog, but just want a domain name of their own, I explain how you can keep using your existing blog, but point at it with a domain name.
Finally, I include information on such common questions as how to publicize and monetize your blog.
Specific product recommendations are included, as well as how to find out more.